This past summer I made the switch from public school educator to entrepreneur. I get to use my years of experience as a classroom teacher and district-level curriculum director to impact schools around our country as an educational consultant and trainer. I just returned (in the wee hours of the morning) from a work trip in Texas. Though I am exhausted, I’m still glowing from the after-effects from getting to do what I love. Here is why my career is so incredible:
- I believe in the power of education, and that all students can learn. They deserve caring teachers who make learning applicable, relevant, and engaging.
- I get to work with teachers, students, technology integrationists, district-level administrators, and principals. It’s fun to work with different stakeholders and make a positive impact on the organization as a whole.
- I constantly get to meet new people. I meet people daily via LinkedIn, airplanes, and schools because of my work.
- I get to learn new things and share them with people to make their jobs easier and more exciting. I am a lifelong learner. Sharing what I’ve learned with others is more energizing than my favorite coffee.
- I get to work from home some of the time. I have the two most amazing kids of my own. Being an educational consultant and trainer takes me away from home on a regular basis, but when I am here, I get to be a full-time mom (well, mostly…) and enjoy my own children.
Want more information on how I can work with your leaders, teachers, and staff?
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with me on Twitter: @Ms_Mac4
Connect with me on LinkedIn: Janelle McLaughlin, Innovative Education Solutions
Subscribe to my blog: https://reflectinginspiration.wordpress.com